What is a person called who uses:

  1. Complicated vocabulary when a simple answer would be sufficient?
  2. Uses complex vocabulary to make others think they are highly educated
  3. Is unnecessarily verbose

You could describe the person as grandiloquent:

(of a person, their language or writing) given to using language in a showy way by using an excessive amount of difficult words to impress others; bombastic; turgid


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.