If someone wants to turn a conversation into political way, we call it "politicize"

If someone wants to turn a conversation into drama, we call it "dramatize"

What do we call it when someone wants to turn a conversation into logical conversation?

  • Say logicalise. english.stackexchange.com/questions/412431/… Mar 26, 2020 at 6:20
  • What is a logical conversation?
    – CJ Dennis
    Mar 26, 2020 at 23:48
  • It's not clear in what form you want to use "logic". "a logical conversation" isn't the same as "a conversation about logic". Which are you Asking about? English doesn't allow your comparisons… partly because English simply doesn't recognize "turn (anything) into (political or any other) way…" Your "politicize" seems to mean "make political"; your "dramatize", "make dramatic". "Politicize" and "dramatize" seem comparable; "political" and "dramatic" are not. Apr 7, 2020 at 18:31
  • I would say "engineer". Dan Hicks, Master of Engineering (EE)
    – Hot Licks
    Apr 20, 2020 at 12:15
  • 2
    Or you could just logic your way to a conclusion. :)
    – Lawrence
    May 20, 2020 at 15:14

2 Answers 2


How about logicalize? From M-W:

logicalize: logicize

logicize: to make logical : convert to logical form, e.g. logicized the argument

While logicalize is obviously similar to @Noah's answer, "to logicalize a conversation" seems a natural way to describe "the turning of a conversation into a logical conversation".


I think "logicize" may be the correct word.

This dictionary.com entry seems to back that idea up (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/logicize)

The definition states "to make logical; give logical form to".

The definition could be talking about the application of logic abstractly or to something specific.

  • Sorry but if you don't know, what follows can't be an Answer. Apr 9, 2020 at 18:15

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.