Snow patch is a compound noun. I was wondering if there was a specific word for a snow patch ? To be honest it just surprises me that there isn't a specific word for it since it would be such an ubiquitous natural formation in pre-industrial times, especially since the word for it in my native language is also a compound noun.

  • Can you describe what you think a 'snow patch' is? That might help with you search for synonyms that are single words. Also have you tried using an automated translation for the word in your native language?
    – Mitch
    Commented Mar 8, 2020 at 23:20
  • @mitch yes, like this: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/…
    – doubleOrt
    Commented Mar 8, 2020 at 23:32
  • Can you describe in words? Also, you should edit and show any of your research in the original question.
    – Mitch
    Commented Mar 8, 2020 at 23:33
  • In parts of the US that would be called a "glacier".
    – Hot Licks
    Commented Mar 9, 2020 at 0:32


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.