I have viewed this answer but none of the answers quite match what I am looking for.

The German term for this word is 'Medienbruch'. The translated definition on the corresponding wikipedia page is:

A Medienbruch[literally translated as 'media break'] occurs in information processing when the content received via an information medium is transferred to another medium in the transmission chain of a process and has to be generated again.

One example would be having to print out a form filled out online to give to a different department.

An example usage could be:

The online forms are processed on a centralized platform without any [word here]

  • 1
    "Transcription", perhaps? – Hot Licks Nov 14 at 13:46

I'd suggest change of medium.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.