This post Phoneticised alphabet letters refers to "initialisms," a term that describes a word that has been formed by phoneticizing a set of initials that is in common usage, such as "emcee" or "deejay."

Is there an analogous term for those words that are formed by phoneticizing the names of the letters of the alphabet, such as "aitch" or "vee?"


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.