I would like to know how the punctuation in the following would be spoken when dictating letter by letter.
Although there are already some partial answers to the question when to say “point” and when to say “dot” there are still cases missing, and there is no comparison that connects it to the different usages of the symbol “.”.
Therefore my question: how would I read the points/dots in the following examples?
(In some cases they will usually not be pronounced at all.)
- the number 3.42
- the amount €156.76
- the IP address 18.104.22.168
- the enumeration 1. paragraph
- the regular sentence Just because.
- the unusual sentence Do. Not. Ask.
- the abbreviation St. Germain
- the abbreviation Main St.
- the URL stackoverflow.com