Seque and Sequel - is there a term for pairs like these? ... verb and noun just a letter (or two?) apart?

(Versus other verb noun pairs which are spelled the same such as 'laugh', 'escape', 'light'. 'finish', 'grin' and 'damage'.)

  • 2
    What is "seque"? Can you quote a dictionary definition? – Hot Licks Oct 29 at 2:09
  • Why would you assume that segue has any relationship to sequel aside from the actual letters? (Also note that segue is spelled with a g, not a q; as far as I know, there is know such word as seQue.) It's like asking about an/and or the/then. – Jason Bassford Supports Monica Oct 29 at 3:02
  • @JasonBassfordSupportsMonica - So you no such a word?? – Hot Licks Oct 29 at 11:52
  • ROFL! ... I CAN'T SPELL!! Closing question! – Randy Zeitman Oct 29 at 15:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.