I hope you guys can help me with the word and teach me how to find it in other occasion. Thank you very much!

  • may we have an example sentence please, as that really does affect the words you get. English being such a rich language. – WendyG Oct 17 '19 at 9:46
  • Coffee shop paraphernalia. – David M Oct 17 '19 at 15:18
  • are you including sugar packets, creamers, and I the like amongst the items you're asking about? if so, then the answer would be different from one describing "tableware" only – Arm the good guys in America Nov 16 '19 at 16:03
  • What’s a TA cup? – Jim Nov 16 '19 at 18:13
  • Starbucks crap, if you are drinking coffee through a straw. – David Nov 16 '19 at 22:44

Tableware is probably the best word: Wikipedia defines it as "the dishes or dishware used for setting a table, serving food and dining. It includes cutlery, glassware, serving dishes and other useful items for practical as well as decorative purposes". The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary defines it as "the knives, forks, spoons, plates, glasses, etc. used for meals". Such terms are more commonly used for sit-down meals than takeaway coffees, but the general terminology is the same, covering both the vessels (cups, plates, spoons, etc) and the tools (cutlery: spoons, coffee stirrers, etc).


In the industry, you'd refer to these things as disposables implied in the name is that these are items that get used and thrown away (or hopefully recycled).

If you're speaking of reusable items that don't walk out with the customer, then you'd call these tableware (see StuartF's answer) drinkware, etc.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.