I'm trying to find a word to describe a particular grouping of individual articles within a specific topic.

The context for this word is I have a blog, and on the blog I have a bunch of articles. A large part of the articles were written as a part of an explicit series. Which is to say: one article follows another, there is a definite order the reader is supposed to read through them, and later articles use knowledge shared in the earlier articles.

But I also have a bunch of other, stand-alone articles, which aren't explicitly tied to other articles in any other series, that all share some commonalities. I want to refer to these groupings of articles as something -- and that is the word I am looking for.

Example sentence:

The following are links to meta-series: Articles which weren't initially written as a part of a series, but whose concepts overlap enough that grouping them together is helpful to the reader.

So far, I've tried Meta-Series, but I feel that means something more like a series of series, not necessarily a set of individual independent articles grouped together within an informal series.

The new grouping may have a suggested order the articles should be read in, so simply calling them a "group" or "topic" or "compendium" or some such doesn't quite work.

A single word or compound word is ideal. I'm also willing to consider a phrase if one fits the description above well.

  • 1
    random series of articles. \\"meta" means about the word that follows it. meta language, language used to talk about language.
    – Lambie
    Oct 13, 2019 at 15:25
  • @Lambie Random isn't necessarily the right word, as it indicates the articles within the grouping weren't curated but picked... well, at random. BUT, thanks for confirming my suspicions that meta is definitely the wrong word =)
    – Eddie
    Oct 13, 2019 at 15:45
  • Your own term "stand-alone articles" works.
    – Lawrence
    Oct 13, 2019 at 17:10
  • 1
    “Articles tagged [subject]” is one way to say it
    – Laurel
    Oct 13, 2019 at 19:08
  • 1
    Just call it "On the Topic Of ..." Inside that is the list of topics and inside these are the related articles
    – Jim
    Oct 13, 2019 at 19:57

1 Answer 1


Went with Index. Thank you everyone for your help.

The following are links to Indexes: Lists of articles which weren’t initially written as a part of a series, but who’s concepts overlap enough that grouping them together is helpful to the reader.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.