I saw someone posted this on Facebook and lot of people commented a word/phrase for that sort of situation. Basically someone does something to you but makes you think you are crazy in a sort of manipulative way. I can't find the post anywhere now and I forgot what word it is.

Any idea?

  • 4
    Perhaps you mean gaslighting? – StoneyB on hiatus Sep 29 '19 at 12:23
  • Oh yes! That's definitely it. Thanks! – Henias Sep 29 '19 at 12:28

This should be what you are looking for -


gerund or present participle: gaslighting

: manipulate (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity.

(From Lexico)


I just realized this got mentioned in the comments. So I'll give credit to StoneyB.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.