I am looking for a word for a net worn by soldiers in ancient times hanging down from their helmets, sometimes too long as resting on shoulders. (Please, refer to the picture annotated by red arrow posted below this text.)

I read about it a long time ago on Wikipedia, and as I recall the net was used for ornamental purposes. I cannot find that Wikipedia article. There is a specific word for this type of net worn by soldiers on their helmets in historical times.

enter image description here

  • in general the word Ger Harnisch comes to mind, though not exclusive, or not at all applicable to helmets – vectory Oct 7 at 5:44
  • strange! my questions had 2 answers but now all answers are gone. I accepted one of the answers. – threeA's Oct 14 at 12:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.