I am a native speaker.
Say I am writing a set of instructions for making a cup of tea, I would normally write it as:
- Add water to kettle and boil.
- Place tea in pot and pour hot water over top.
- Strain tea into cup, add milk and sugar,* and enjoy.
My writing correction software Grammarly tells me that it should be like this:
- Add water to a kettle and boil.
- Place tea in a pot and pour the hot water over top.
- Strain tea into a cup, add milk and sugar and enjoy.
Which one is correct?
*Also I still have no idea whether or not I need this comma.