What's the word the contents that are left in the glass after a drink is finished?


'He drained his glass to the ______'

closed as off-topic by Kris, Kit Z. Fox Sep 11 at 14:27

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on choosing an ideal word or phrase must include information on how it will be used in order to be answered. For help writing a good word or phrase request, see: About single word requests" – Kit Z. Fox
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 4
    There is nothing unclear about this question. I immediately thought of the current answer myself, and I can't see how there could be confusion over what was being looked for. I see no reason why this needed to be closed. – Jason Bassford Sep 12 at 5:35
  • @Jason it isnt an exemplary question in that it doesn't fulfill SWR requirements. – marcellothearcane Sep 12 at 7:06
  • 2
    @marcellothearcane The requirements are a guideline that should lead to understanding, if followed. In most cases they work well for that purpose and they are needed. Here, there is no problem with understanding and nothing further is needed. The meaning of the question is apparent as it's written. – Jason Bassford Sep 12 at 11:53

Dregs - The dregs of a liquid are the last drops left at the bottom of a container, together with any solid bits that have sunk to the bottom.

As noted this isn't limited to the contents of a glass (i.e. the container could be a bottle or cup, etc.)

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.