As the title says, I was wondering if there was a term for two or more words within a word, for example:

'Beyond' is 'yo' enclosed in 'bend'.


Maybe here's what you might be looking for,

"Kangaroo word" or "marsupial"

This refers to a word carrying another word within it (without transposing any letters). Example: encourage contains courage, cog, cur, urge, core, cure, nag, rag, age, nor, rage and enrage.

(5. Kangaroo word or marsupial)

  • 1
    I think it's the closest that I'll get, thank you! – Larry Tang Aug 24 '19 at 14:39

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.