When we describe the fuel consumption, how should we pronounce the '/100km'?
e.g: This car has a fuel consumption of 100 gal/100km.
Is it pronounced as 'per one hundred kilometers' or 'per hundred kilometers'? Or do we say 'every hundred kilometers'? Or any other solutions?
I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you a lot!
I've read all the comments, and thank you for your detailed answers.
I searched for some materials and found that there are varies ways to express fuel consumption:
- Miles Driven divided by Amount of Gas Used:
- Miles per gallon (mpg, mi/gal, MPG, used in the U.S.A and the U.K.)
- Kilometer per liter (km/L)
- Amount of Gas Used divided by Miles Driven:
- Liters per 100 kilometers (L/100km)
- Liters per mile (L/mi, used in Norway and Sweden)
Thank you all again for all the comments!