Do you know what word I can use to describe a situation where you cry while reading a letter then your tears dropped to the paper and unfortunately, since that letter is a printed one, some parts of the letter are gone/got blurred? Anyway, it’s the act of the tears wiping out the parts of the paper that I’m talking about.

  • Actually, any kind of moisture 😂 – Agnes Jun 18 at 14:35
  • 1
    The phrase 'blotted with tears' is sometimes used to describe a letter in this condition. – Kate Bunting Jun 18 at 19:51

A single word that means something removed by water is dissolved.

The words on the page dissolved in my tears.

  • 1
    AAAAAAAA IT’S THAT WORD!!! THANK YOU SO MUCHHH – Agnes Jun 18 at 14:36
  • @Agnes - How about you give it the green checkmark to show that that was the answer you were hoping for? – aparente001 Jun 18 at 20:53
  • 1
    @aparente001 I will ^^ but I’m just waiting, just in case there are still people who want to leave an answer here. – Agnes Jun 18 at 20:56
  • 1
    @Agnes - I see. Well, I guess you could also say that the letters started to swim or melt. – aparente001 Jun 18 at 20:58
  • 1
    @aparente001 Thank you so much for telling me that! – Agnes Jun 18 at 20:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.