What is the name for wordplay in which a word is spoken or spelled differently to make a rhyme? For example:

I'm running this shit you should try tacklin', Lil Wayne in one word immaculin [immaculate]

-Rick Ross ft. T-Pain, Lil Wayne, and Kanye West, "Maybach Music 2"


Wiktionary defines forced rhyme to mean exactly what you want.

However, other sources, such as this well-illustrated article on Rhymezone give a more general definition that includes other dubious, but just as pertinent, ways to make a rhyme.

| improve this answer | |

Alliteration? -- although I don't think the words are necessarily spelled differently, but the words must just sound similar phonetically ... not sure. Homonyms sound the same but are spelled differently. (pair - pear). But yes, poetic licence sounds about right in this case.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.