There are words you can use to call people who love movies (cinephile) or who are fond of France (francophile), but is there a word to call those who loves roller coasters or theme parks?

  • That's pretty specific. Is a word for any kind of amusement park ride or even any kind of such activity ok? – Mitch Apr 19 at 11:11
  • Or, it may not be specific enough. Does the person love the adrenaline rush? The height? The speed? The apparent danger? The fun? Would the word apply to someone who found it in some other context (in a fast car, for example)? Please see our help on single-word-requests. – Andrew Leach Apr 19 at 11:18
  • 2
    thrill-seeker – Lawrence Apr 19 at 11:20
  • I wanted to say that "thrill-seeker" is the closest match I am aware of, but when I opened this question I saw that @Lawrence already mentioned that word in comments, 30 seconds earlier. – M i ech Apr 19 at 11:23
  • 1
    @Miech Feel free to make it an answer :) . I didn't post it as one because I wasn't sure whether the OP wanted a 1-word equivalent to "roller coaster / theme park aficionado", but if you post thrill-seeker as an answer (with dictionary definition + links to a couple of examples of the term used with roller coasters) and ping me, I'd up-vote. – Lawrence Apr 19 at 11:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.