sorry dumb question, but:

How do you spell "windy" as in a winding road could be described as "windy"

Not to be confuse with "the weather is windy"

Also, is there a better way I could have figured this out than posting a question on a forum?

closed as off-topic by Mari-Lou A, Mitch, tchrist Apr 16 at 13:04

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Looked it up in a dictionary! – Kate Bunting Apr 16 at 8:24
  • Actually "wind" and "wind", although pronounced differently, are already spelled the same. Then just add "y". – GEdgar Apr 16 at 12:53
  • Use winding for the road. Less confusion in the long run. – Global Charm Apr 17 at 23:07

Windy roads and windy weather are spelled the same way. They just are.

  • 2
    While true, most people would probably use winding instead. – Jason Bassford Apr 16 at 17:29
  • Paul McCartney did ... – Owain Apr 16 at 19:46

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.