From an autoclave manual (Tuttnauer Electronic Tabletop Autoclaves Models 1730, 2340, 2540, 3140, 3850, 3870 E, EK, EA & EKA)

15 Completion to panel

What is the meaning of "completion" here? Is this good usage of English? I'm trying to understand how to translate this.

If it's not natural English, what would be the natural English phrase to use in its place?

enter image description here


It would probably sound more natural as completion of panel. Although, even with the better preposition, that still sounds like truncated English—the kind of truncation commonly used in news headlines where certain words are omitted.

But as a simple noun, one that best matches all of the other entries in the diagram, I would think of it as a panel completion strip.


From the diagram, it looks like it refers to the little strip that completes the panel.

This uses the term completion (normally the act or state of finishing something - ODO) as a metonym for the thing that, when in place, achieves the completion.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.