I have always wondered why weather science is called meteorology,what do meteors have to do with weather on earth if anything? It would be more logical to call those study it weatherologist.

closed as off-topic by Matt E. Эллен Mar 25 at 9:16

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Funnily enough, weatherology is an actual word—and Merriam-Webster defines it simply as "METEOROLOGY." Meaning, just look at the other word. But meteorology doesn't come from the English weather; it comes from French and Greek words instead. – Jason Bassford Mar 26 at 2:17

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.