I'm not talking about the meat itself. Could be a corpse or something lifeless.

I think I've heard of the term "lamb" (British English). Is that the case though? (as lamb is sheep's meat).

EDIT: Eventually the context I heard the word was not meat specific. Also the word is "lump" as an answer in the comments.

Usage: - I won't stand a chance against a big lump like you (ref)

closed as unclear what you're asking by GEdgar, Janus Bahs Jacquet, Lawrence, chasly from UK, TrevorD Mar 23 at 0:06

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    Depends on the type of meat -- slab, sausage, mound, lump. – Hot Licks Mar 22 at 0:26
  • Note that the figurative use is generally something along the lines of "You useless piece/hunk of meat!" – Hot Licks Mar 22 at 0:28
  • 3
    Definitely not lamb. A lamb is a young sheep, not an amount/mass of meat. Are you sure it wasn't "lump" you heard? – Tim Foster Mar 22 at 0:44
  • 3
    Can you give an example sentence demonstrating the usage of the word you're looking for? Just use ____ or some other filler where you want the word to be. – shoover Mar 22 at 2:07
  • @TimFoster Oh yes! That's it. Looking up "lump" word definition is what I was searching for. Happy to accept it as an answer if you'd submit it below. Thanks a lot for your help!! – Dimitris Skoufis Mar 22 at 12:42

"Lump" can be used to refer to a piece of meat, or generally a pile, collection or large piece of anything.

It can also be used humorously (or insultingly) to refer to a person who is lazy, heavy or slow.

For example, you could say something like

"Hurry up, you lump of meat!"


"Come over here, you great lump."

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.