I have come across many Americans who have a very analytical mind and they add up to discussions with their questions.

Is there a single word, adjective for such quality?

closed as off-topic by Chappo, Cascabel, JJJ, jimm101, Mari-Lou A May 18 at 22:26

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on choosing an ideal word or phrase must include information on how it will be used in order to be answered. For help writing a good word or phrase request, see: About single word requests" – Chappo, Cascabel, jimm101, Mari-Lou A
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • They could be described as incisive questions, or mind, or maybe trenchant. Both have origins in cutting. – Zebrafish Mar 13 at 5:17
  • 1
    Single word questions require a sample sentence these days. If you could add one, it might save you from some downvotes (I appreciate you've said "adjective" in the question body, but the title question could also imply a noun, a sample sentence would make it unambiguous). Also, did you mean "they add to discussions with their questions"? – Pam Mar 13 at 11:25

You can say that they are very astute

of keen penetration or discernment; sagacious: an astute analysis.1

1 Dictionary.com

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.