Looking for a word meaning "run over by a wheel".

My first though was something like:

... as the body is trampled by the wagon wheels ...

but in my mind, trample is really something under foot, people walking over, not run over by wheels.

My mind is nagging me for a simple word the seems just beyond my grasp, so I thought I'd reach out for any ideas.


  • Crushed, but not wheel-specific – user172447 Mar 4 '19 at 22:43
  • I was rutted... – Weather Vane Mar 4 '19 at 23:55
  • "Steamrolled" applies to one specific type of wheel... – nnnnnn Aug 2 '19 at 4:14

As in:

... as the body is crushed by the wagon wheels ...

to crush

to press between opposing bodies so as to break or compress


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.