How do you say that a person does not pay attention to ergonomics (like at a computer) in a concise way? Options I've come up with include:

  • He does not use ergonomics.

  • He does not follow ergonomics.

  • He is not ergonomic.

Any better ideas?

  • 2
    He is not ergonomically-correct. – JeffSahol Nov 18 '11 at 12:50
  • 3
    Ergonomics is actually a pretty specific field of science. I would assume someone who "follows ergonomics" keeps abreast with the important journal articles and that someone who "is ergonomic" has, perhaps, a very comfortable lap. I'd say JeffSahol's answer - "he is ignorant of ergonomics" is correct. – silves89 Nov 18 '11 at 13:24
  • Is there something special about ergonomics here? This how question could be worded replacing 'ergonomics' with 'X'.. – Mitch Nov 18 '11 at 13:26
  • "The laminectomy in operating room 3"? – JeffSahol Nov 18 '11 at 13:34
  • That is, are you looking for a generic grammatical negatives like 'non-X' or 'not Xic' or are you looking for an antonym specifically of ergonomic, like maybe clusy or inefficient or energy-wasteful or etc? – Mitch Nov 18 '11 at 15:14

He is ignorant of ergonomics.

or, if he's aware of the issue but chooses to ignore it:

He ignores ergonomics.

  • Gotta love the divergence of the definitions of ignore-ant due to both (willfully ignoring) and (being uneducated about) word structure. – Physics-Compute Oct 12 '16 at 17:25

He is not ergonomically-minded.


He is not the ergonomic type.

  • "He is ergonomically illiterate". "He is ergonomics-challenged". "He is ergonomically compromised". "He is ergonomics-resistant". "He is an ergonomic refusenik". "He is anti-ergonomic". "He is ergonomically rebellious". "He is an ergonomic insurgent". "He lacks the ergonomic urge". "He is an ergnoramus". – Erik Kowal Jul 11 '14 at 9:10

Erganidiot? Erganomitard? Hump-backed?


One who has mastered and can and does apply the principles of physics is a physicist; one who does not meet these criteria is a non-physicist. By analogy, I would suggest that the word you seek is non-ergonomicist.


slacko, slacker, slack-arse(variants), dolt.

  • What have any of those suggestions got to do with the question? – Chenmunka Jun 26 '15 at 13:24

protected by tchrist Nov 7 '15 at 12:17

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.