She looked at me in _________ [noun implying impressed].

But this isn't how I want to word it. What I want to write, is, "Her eyes widened as her eyebrows raised and she drooped her bottom lip in [enter word for impressed]" And I know it isn't impression, please help! What's the word I'm looking for?

  • I have modified the sample sentence to match with the explanation. Feb 27 '19 at 5:44
  • Drooping bottom lip doesn't suggest "awe" very well. More like silly or sad.
    – user22542
    Feb 27 '19 at 21:35

She looked at me in admiration.



uncountable noun [in NOUN]

Admiration is a feeling of great liking and respect for a person or thing.

Meg's eyes widened in admiration.

COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.