I think the title says it all. Are they called boxes? Columns? I really don't know. It you could help me, that would be very useful :)screenshot

  • I'm afraid the title does not say it all. What specifically are you asking about? I see some boxes in that image. There's also some text, some triangles, some lines and some squiggles. – Juhasz Feb 20 at 15:35
  • 1
    I usually call things like this picklists, but really this looks like a matter of "domain-specific terminology" that might be more properly addressed on SE User Experience. – FumbleFingers Feb 20 at 15:38
  • 2
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's about domain-specific terminology – FumbleFingers Feb 20 at 15:39
  • 1
    The “dropdown lists?” en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop-down_list – James McLeod Feb 20 at 15:53
  • English is not my native language and couldn't find any suitable words for the 'boxes' in the picture in any dictionary, that's why I'm asking on the forum. – Júlia Sirotiaková Feb 20 at 16:49

A generic term for small clickable things on screens is widgets.

Try JQuery UI, which has a list of common widgets and some visual examples.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.