I am not sure about this particular word, the sentence is the following 'Increase it for more blurry(ier) effect.'


From Merriam Webster's Dictionary:

blurry adjective

blurrier; blurriest ...

So you sentence would be 'Increase it for a blurrier effect.'

  • 1
    Note that this is only the case if you can insert the indefinite article, making the comparative the modifier of effect (i.e., ‘for a different effect which is blurrier than the effect currently applied’). An alternative possibility, which does not require the article, is “increase it for more blurry effect”, taking more as a measurement of the amount of blurry effect to be applied (i.e., ‘for a greater amount/intensity of the same blurry effect which is currently applied’). – Janus Bahs Jacquet Feb 18 '19 at 11:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.