I'm not looking for the name of the face expression (e.g. sad, or sorry, or "inner brow raise", etc.), I'm looking for the name of the movement that is made. I thought maybe there was a less complicated and more appealing version of it than "to raise the inner sides of the brows"? For example, "in the pictures the guys are ... their brows". I can't really find any pics because I simply don't know what to type in in a search bar. But I remembered a couple of movie scenes, so here you go:

enter image description here enter image description here

EDIT: I found a source which suggests "eyebrows slopped outwards". Sounds weird to me :/ Can that actually be a thing? (context: "By pushing together the eyebrows and pulling up the forehead, the eyebrows can be made to slope outwards.")

EDIT 2: If I said "his eyebrows raised in (a) sorry", would that make sense and be understood? If yes, would the article before sorry be needed?

EDIT 3: Here are some more pictures I could find:

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Comments are not for extended discussion; this conversation has been moved to chat.
    – tchrist
    Feb 7 '19 at 4:26

You can say these people are "furrowing their brows".

Here's a link (Macmillan Dictionary) that can help.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.