I am trying to understand if the word 'instalments' has double 'l'. I googled it, but I did not manage to find an answer.

  • 3
    instalment British English, installment American English – Gustavson Jan 10 '19 at 16:09
  • Enrolment (British) enrollment (American) BUT traveler (American) traveller (British). Devilment (both). – Michael Harvey Jan 10 '19 at 17:27

According to Oxford Living Dictionary https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/:

British English - INSTALMENT

American English - INSTALLMENT

According to
Cambridge Dictionary:

instalment noun [ C ] 

mainly UK

US usually


| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.