Food that shreds many tiny particles when you bite it. For example, cookies or bread toast.

closed as off-topic by J. Taylor, k1eran, Scott, jimm101, user240918 Nov 25 '18 at 6:35

  • This question does not appear to be about English language and usage within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    I call it "crumby". – Hot Licks Nov 24 '18 at 22:30
  • 3
    You can take the word in your mother tongue and then look up the translation in a dictionary of your choice. That's what I do. Works like a charm. – RegDwigнt Nov 24 '18 at 22:35
  • 2
    Crumbly: "easily crumbled : FRIABLE." Friable: "easily crumbled or pulverized." – Jason Bassford Nov 24 '18 at 22:37

crumbly or crumby

Oxford Living Dictionaries carries the following entry:

crumbly adjective

Consisting of or easily breaking into small fragments.

‘the cheese has a sharp flavour and is crumbly and moist’

Crumby also has your intended meaning:

crumby adjective

1 Resembling or covered in crumbs.

2 variant spelling of crummy

whereas crummy is:

crummy (also crumby)

adjective, informal

1 Dirty, unpleasant, or of poor quality.

‘a crummy little room’

1.1 Unwell.

‘I've been feeling pretty crummy the last few days’

So, crumbly is unproblematic, crumby works, though it does also have another meaning, but crummy (pronounced identically to crumby) should be avoided for your use case.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.