There is a word used specifically for lying relaxed in a bed or someplace comfortable, stretched out and not wanting to move from that position. Problem is, I can't remember what the word is called, just knows it starts with the letter "p". Help a brotha out (:


Have a lie-in is an expression that conveys the meaning you are referring to:

A prolonged stay in one's bed in the morning. Often hyphenated. Primarily heard in US.

  • Your mum's having a lie in this morning, so we need to be extra quiet downstairs. I love having a long lie-in on Sundays.

(The Free Dictionary)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.