Which group is correct (in British English)? Is there any difference? And which group do you use?
Group 1 (the one I use)
- English man, English woman, English men, English women
- Irish man, Irish woman, Irish men, Irish women
- Scottish man, Scottish woman, Scottish men, Scottish women
- Welsh man, Welsh woman, Welsh men, Welsh women
Group 2 (from the dictionary)
- Englishman, Englishwoman, Englishmen, Englishwomen
- Irishman, Irishwoman, Irishmen, Irishwomen
- Scotsman, Scotswoman, Scotsmen, Scotswomen
- Welshman, Welshwoman, Welshmen, Welshwomen
I am not a native speaker and I would like to know if what I use is wrong or less correct.