I'm looking for a proper term for students that join a class mid-course. The suggested term I found was "mid-course student," but that doesn't seem to be an actual term.

"Transfer student" would be the perfect choice, but I'm looking for a term that doesn't include transferring, just late joining.

Newcomer is another term that seems to fit, but it doesn't necessarily refer to students.

Any ideas?


It's not specific to the context, but have you considered "late entrants" or "late enrollees"?

You can replace the "late" with "mid-course" if it suits you better.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.