What is the word for working with or for someone else (instead of financially backing them) and getting a certain percentage back (profit sharing/ownership) when you launch a product? Kind of like 401k vesting but there is a certain word for it.


Would you like to to get paid in a ____ arrangement?

Note: Not financial equity!

  • I think your question would benefit from a more specific example. Profit sharing, commission, delayed wages, and equity (even though you say that's not what you're looking for) all seem to apply from your description.
    – Patrick M
    Oct 3, 2018 at 22:06
  • 1
    I found the answer. It is Sweat Equity. Oct 4, 2018 at 14:32
  • @SteveMoser - You can answer your own question. It helps those who come along later with the same or a similar question, especially if you provide references and an explanation of why it was the correct answer for you. Oct 4, 2018 at 19:46
  • @RogerSinasohn Thanks. I think the question was put on hold so I couldn’t answer. Oct 5, 2018 at 16:51

1 Answer 1


Sweat Equity

Instead of put money into a company and getting financial equity you can put work into a company and get sweat equity.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.