What word or idiom describes a person who gains the trust of people in an organization to identify potential threats to that organization?
Say Company (Organisation) "A" wants to know how many of its employees are inclined to take part in or form unions.
- Company A then sends its own person Mr "M" to locate such employees.
- Mr M then starts his own Workers’ Union and performs activities and gives speeches against the interest of Company A.
- All this is done to gain the trust of the employees (of Company A).
- Company A not surprisingly is silent & passive about Mr M.
Mr M's union grows in size as employees seeing his actions and hearing his words fall for the snare and join his Union, hoping to fight against Company A.
Company A now possesses a list of persons that are a threat to it.
- What do you call Mr M?
- What are the actions & activities of Mr M called?