In my native language we have this expression for a weak person - " a low fence " implying that anybody can jump over it ( fig. humiliated or treated badly ) Is there a similar expression or idiom in meaning in English for this type of person ?

2 Answers 2


I would describe someone like that as a pushover.



  1. informal A person who is easy to overcome or influence.

    ‘Colonel Moore was benevolent but no pushover’

(From the Oxford Living Dictionaries)

Huffington Post has an article about 10 Signs You May Be a Pushover and What to Do About It while Insider lists only 7 signs you're the office pushover and not just a nice person.



One who can be walked all over, or:

  1. informal a person who offers little resistance to ill-treatment by others

From Collins vie TFD

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.