This question already has an answer here:
- “He didn't know where New Jersey was” 5 answers
- Reported speech - statements whose meaning still stands 3 answers
- I asked + present/past tense 1 answer
Which sentence is correct? and Why?
- She told me last week she hates action movies.
- She told me last week she hated action movies.
As "hate" is a sensual verb and it does not finish in the past (you hate a type of movie and it does not change, at least with no mention in the context) I think Number one should be correct. But an English tutor told me the second one is correct as the discussion they are referring to has happened in the past. Which one is correct and why?