As the title reveals, what is the correct usage:

1) "Health science researchers" or "health sciences researchers"?


2) "Researchers in health science" or "researchers in the health sciences"?

  • Not sure why this got downvoted; I think it's a fair question.
    – Amonet
    Aug 28, 2018 at 12:18

1 Answer 1


Typically faculties and institutions are attached to health sciences, while degrees are in a singular health science.


  • Faculty of Health Sciences
  • Bachelor of Health Science

Unless all the researchers being discussed in the paragraph belong to the same health science (immunology for instance), option D ("researchers in the health sciences") is the least ambiguous, especially if this is a generic statement as part of an introduction.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.