This question already has an answer here:
- Is using passive voice “bad form”? 7 answers
I am writing technical documents (user requirements, user guides etc) often and MS Word and Grammarly often give me an error message "Passive voice misuse".
- Function X is shown in this video.
- It can be done by clicking this button.
- This button can be used.
- If more details are needed, they can be found in Annex A.
for all examples above Grammarly gives "Passive Voice Misuse". The same for MS Word. My question is
Are these examples completely fine or they can be rewritten in a better way from the native language speaker point of view?
As I understand Grammarly and etc is not a good reference here. I am asking just about my specific examples.
Please do not mark it as duplicated with this question. There are some similarities, but my question is more generic, but the other is very specific and related to only one example. and that question is not answered.
UPDATE 1 after some reading, I can rewrite my examples like this
- This video shows Function X.
- To do it click this button.
- Use this button.
- Annex A contains more details if needed.
Is it really better from native English speakers?