What would you call people who attend conferences? Maybe "Attendee"?


"attendee" is the common term unless you're referring to a legislative conference:

Compare a google news search for "attendee" vs. "conferee"

| improve this answer | |

conferee merriam

one taking part in a conference

| improve this answer | |
  • what about "Attendees" is it wrong? – Adam Jun 14 '18 at 1:07
  • 1
    it is perfectly fine too! – lbf Jun 14 '18 at 1:13
  • 1
    Both terms are equally applicable – conferee is specific to people who attend conferences. An attendee can also be somebody who goes to a church service, or listens to a lecture at a local hall, or participates in a funeral service, etc – a general term for someone who attends some function. – IconDaemon Jun 14 '18 at 1:40
  • 1
    @IconDaemon as far as usage is concerned, conferee seems to be used for a legislative conference only. See Google news searches and the merriam examples. – De Novo Jun 14 '18 at 2:02

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.