What's the word for a geometric solid with two congruent regular pentagons in parallel planes and ten congruent triangles on lateral faces?

It's neither a pyramid nor a prism.

I chose pentagons arbitrarily. It seems to me there is a word for such a figure in general, proper with any number of sides on the bases.

  • This question belongs on another site in the Stack Exchange network: MathsSE. – Edwin Ashworth May 30 '18 at 18:42

You have described an antiprism:

A semiregular polyhedron constructed with 2 n-gons and 2n triangles.

(Weisstein, Eric W. "Antiprism." From MathWorld--A Wolfram Web Resource.)

| improve this answer | |
  • Couldn't have imagined faster service. – Chaim May 30 '18 at 17:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.