We know that friends generally walk by keeping one's hand on their friend's shoulders.

Is there any single word that has the same meaning as 'keeping one's hand on another's shoulder?

  • 1
    You might be able to make "clasped" work . – Tom22 May 27 '18 at 19:07
  • "Arms over shoulder" -- not a word, but works. google.com/… – Kris May 28 '18 at 7:47
  • Or, "Arms around each other" – Kris May 28 '18 at 7:59

No, there's no single word that means keeping your hand one someone's shoulder.

He walked with his hand on her shoulder.

They walked with their arms around each other.

(Walking arm-in-arm implies arms linked at the elbows, not the shoulders)

More informal:

They were hanging on each other as they walked down the street.

They were hanging all over each other as they walked down the street.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.