What is the name of people with faces that look alike.For instance those with similar names are known as namesake

  • 2
    Doppelganger, or look-alike Apr 15 '18 at 18:12
  • 1
    @mahmudkoya you should add a definition and put that in an answer (I’d upvote it!).
    – Pam
    Apr 15 '18 at 19:23
  • I agree that doppelganger is the best single-word answer. I was going to add it as an answer myself, but I wanted to give @mahmudkoya the opportunity first. Apr 15 '18 at 19:39

Spitting image: Jack is the spitting image of John.

Double: Jack is an exact double of John.

Ringer: Jack is a dead ringer for John.

  • add citations - good answer
    – lbf
    Apr 15 '18 at 19:44

doppelganger: someone who looks like someone else.


someone who is very similar in appearance to another person, especially a famous person.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.