Question:- A man who is fond of learning various types of languages is called? Ans:

  • 1
    Ans: the same thing as a woman is called in a less sexist world. – tchrist Apr 11 '18 at 13:14
  • @tchrist ??? Just add '-trix' to the end. Aviatrix, judgeatrix, polyglotatrix. – Mitch Apr 11 '18 at 13:59

Probably the best word is linguaphile.

| improve this answer | |

The term that I would use is polyglot.

This article suggests that the meaning of polyglot is evolving (online at least) to specifically mean someone who is deliberately learning languages:

This is by no means official, but it looks like in the common online language discourse polyglots are those who have learned multiple languages deliberately, whereas multilinguals acquired them from their environment. With such a division, a polyglot naturally wins more right to be admired as one who has put effort and time into mastering a skill, rather than passively absorbing knowledge from the surroundings.

This article is used as a reference for the wikipedia entry for polyglot.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.