I can't even find a picture of it because I don't know what to search for. It's a circular rubber foot that attaches typically to glass, by creating a little vacuum when you press it onto the surface. What's it called?

  • 1
    Yep, the common form is a "suction cup".
    – Hot Licks
    Apr 5, 2018 at 21:31

2 Answers 2


It's called a suction cup. According to Wikipedia:

A suction cup, also known as a sucker, is a device or object that uses the negative fluid pressure of air or water to adhere to nonporous surfaces, creating a partial vacuum.

Attribution: "Suction Cup." Wikipedia. February 28, 2018. Accessed April 05, 2018. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suction_cup.


It is called a cup.

The flexible version is a suction cup.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.