I’m looking for a word that describes a UI element that serves no purpose but remains as an aesthetic holdover. Like a button on an iPhone screen that has shine to simulate an actual button, but it’s only an image of a button.


I think the word you are looking for is skeuomorph.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.