I came upon this letter when reading a book, I couldn't find its name on the internet, you can imagine how hard it is to search about it.

What is the name of the letter that follows "sample space"?


I know it's not really an English question, but I think this site is best fit for the question than say, the mathematics site.

  • It's also used in the popular Finnish licorice brand, "Sisu" or "Guts": fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu_%28pastilli%29 Note the lowercase s in the same font--looks like an f. – user13546 Oct 2 '11 at 20:25
  • And of course a lowercase s at the end of a word looks more like a modern s ... – GEdgar Oct 2 '11 at 22:16
  • GraphicsDesign.SE does font identifications, providing you check Dextify-like sites first. :) – Mateen Ulhaq Oct 3 '11 at 4:36

It's an S written in a fraktur font used by mathematicians. This one is easy to find out using Detexify.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.