Is there a term to refer to an illustrator who mainly posts his or her works online? I mean, a lot of illustrators started out this way, so I am curious if there's a term that we can use to refer to them.

  • How do they post their art? Facebook? Their blog? I think more details are needed for a good answer.
    – Laurel
    Commented Apr 2, 2018 at 3:33
  • Sorry for the ambiguity, but in my native language we just call them "internet illustrators" regardless of the websites or social media they post their arts.So I was wondering if English has a term for this. Commented Apr 2, 2018 at 3:40

1 Answer 1


If the artist is creating art for websites as a job, the most common terms are "web graphic designer" or just "graphic designer", although the latter is also used for people who work with print media.

For artists who publish their own personal works online, you might try "web artist", "internet artist", or "net artist" which both return quite a few examples of usage in Google results for those terms.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.