What do you call the person that is responsible for conducting a meeting, i.e. inviting participants, preparing the agenda and (mostly) also moderating the meeting, as well as define and document the intended result of a meeting?

I've heard the word "meeting owner" before. Would that be the correct term, or are there others, maybe depending on context or culture?

  • 2
    Traditionally it was "chairman" (though the "secretary" usually prepares the agenda and minutes.) Nowadays gender-neutrality seems to dictate either "chairperson", or simply "chair". Though I believe many female "chairs" are perfectly happy to be called "Madam Chairman" in the time-honoured way. That's the position as I see it in Britain.
    – WS2
    Mar 16, 2018 at 8:10
  • I'm sorry to say you don’t, even if you’d researched that. Lumping planning, inviting and reporting together would prolly require a “facilitator” rather than a "chairman" who would normally simply run the meetings itself. Mar 29, 2018 at 23:54

2 Answers 2


I think it is termed as "person In charge" or you can also term it as "chairperson" or use what you have heard of "meeting owner".

Hope this helps you.


Presenter is what I have always heard. Presenter of the meeting.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.